Gas leaks can be extremely dangerous. They can provide fuel for explosions and fires. Gas leaks can also be toxic if inhaled (in many cases). If you have even an inkling of a gas leak in your home or business, then you need to contact Xcel Energy at 1-800-895-2999 or 911 right away. If you’d like to take preventative measures or fix a leak once it is deemed safe, then our team of Denver gas leak specialists is standing by to help you with all your gas related problems. Give us here at Brothers Plumbing, Heating and Electric a call at (303) 468-2294 for immediate service.
What do You do if You Believe You Have a Gas Leak in Denver?
If you smell rotten eggs in one room of your home or your entire home, you may have a gas leak which will require immediate attention. Upon detecting such an odor, immediately remove everyone from your home and quickly move to a safe distance away. An electric spark may ignite a possible explosion, remember to follow these tips:
- Do not turn on or turn off electrical switches, simply leave the structure immediately.
- Avoid using electric appliances such as garage door openers or telephones of any type.
- Do not start up or shut down motor vehicles or electrical equipment near the structure which the gas leak is in.
- Under no circumstance strike a match.
- Avoid all open flames or other ignition sources.
- Move to a safe distance away from the structure when the odor is outside.
- Call Xcel Energy at 1-800-895-2999 or 911 in an emergency.
- Stay away until Xcel Energy or the emergency responders have told you that it is safe to return to the home.
Did You Know that Excel Does Not Repair Gas Lines Within Your Home?
That’s right. Excel Energy will NOT repair gas lines within your home or business. But, that doesn’t mean you should ever forego calling them in a gas emergency. If you suspect a gas leak in your home please follow Excel Energy’s Natural Gas Safety. Once the property is deemed safe, then call us to make the required repairs.
Your Local, Reliable Denver Gas Line Professionals
When it comes to professional quality gas line repair and replacement services, you can always trust the specialists here at Brothers. Our team of gas line experts is guaranteed to have the training and experience you can rely on for quality service. So what are you waiting for? Get in touch with our team of Denver gas line experts today.