Tamper Resistant Receptacles (TRRs)
Tamper Resistant Receptacles (TRRs) replace standard outlets to protect children from injury. They include a built-in shutter system that prevents foreign objects from touching electrically live components when they’re inserted into the slots. When equal pressure is simultaneously applied to both sides, the receptacle cover plates open, allowing a standard plug to contact the receptacle contact points. Without this synchronized pressure, the cover plates remain closed, preventing the insertion of foreign objects.
- The shutters don’t impair normal plug insertion, removal, or function.
- Bent, damaged, or burred plug blades can make insertion more difficult. Examine and straighten or replace substandard plug blades to ensure proper function.
- Tamper-resistant receptacles are retrofit friendly; they install like standard receptacles and are completely interchangeable.
- TRR’s are permanent – once installed, they offer continuous protection, unlike plastic outlet caps that can be removed or forgotten.
- Protect your children! Call Brothers to install new Child Tamper Resistant Receptacles today!
Protect your children! Call Brothers to install new Child Tamper Resistant Receptacles today!